Thursday, July 28, 2005

Fun times and an Announcement

So every Wednesday night, the Youth Group heads down Allan St. to a park to play some football, or soccer, or what-have-you. Football is by far the favourite game! Two Hand Touch, of course!

It's really been growing, which is tremendous! Last night, we had 15 people! And then, while we were playing, two guys who were visiting family, up from Georgia, also joined in the fun. Good times!

Wednesday night is about getting together as a group of Catholics, to just have fun, to realise that "being religious" is not the same thing as "being boring and serious". It's about living life to the full, enjoying our friendships, hanging out together, and ultimately giving glory to God!

But yeah, it's about the fun Wednesday night! Case in point, two of the girls that came brought silver hair spray, and decided to spray paint my head. I get enough grief from certain of the kids because they think I'm "old" at 25! (One asked me if I had colour tv when I was a kid!) Having silver hair yesterday didn't help my "image"! LOL

But hey, as the book of Proverbs says,
The silver-haired head is a crown of glory,
If it is found in the way of righteousness. (16:34, NKJV)


Announcement!!

Wednesday, August 10, the Youth Group is going to see the Toronto Blue Jays face off against the Detroit Tigers! Game's at 7:00pm. Gates open at 5:30pm. I'd love to be there by 6:00, get some autographs maybe...you know! We'll be meeting at the Church at 4:30 to go down.
I got 30 tickets (including mine and any other adult volunteers) so space is limited. They're out in left field, right above the Jays' bullpen. Level 100, rows 3, 4, and 5. The cost is $11.50! Yeah, you heard me, the low, low price of $11.50!

How can you pass that up?
Let me know ASAP if you want to go!
God bless!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Juh... Whuh...? Suh?!

*Falls down*

Whew. I mean, good, baseball.

~Da-have~

3:02 p.m., July 29, 2005  
Blogger Eric said...

You are what you eat!

12:31 p.m., August 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home