Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another Day, Another Death

Brief note, the Open Forum below this post is still Open. Post, and ask, away!
**********************
Just a note, this piece was written by my buddy, Dave Stoneburgh, who co-writes The Daily Disciple, and co-writes Three Nails with me. I thought this was a well-written, impassioned, inspiring call for us to be bold in sharing our faith, so I'm reproducing it here.
**********************


Someone asked me something tonight. How do you tell someone about Jesus when their beliefs, their possibly conflicting beliefs, are as real to them as Jesus Christ is to you? They might have more faith than you do. Born and raised, how can you tell them that what is fact, is actually wrong. And on top of all that, how do you tell them that if they don't change, it's Hell for eternity? You could avoid telling them. Another day, another death.

In World Religions class, I learned that I had to respect all cultures and their beliefs. I learned that some cultures believed in many gods. They believed in gods of life, death, war, beauty...things that I thought were odd, and foreign, but I musn't say that, because I was to be respectful to them. What they believe is as real to them, as what I believe is to me. What they believed seemed to be that when you die, you would either go to a wonderful afterlife, or you would come back to Earth. Almost every variant I could identify seemed dampened, acceptable...fine. What was the harm if they were right. I would be fine. They would be fine. In the interest of respect, it made sense that I kept my mouth shut. But what if they weren't right? Then it was a big deal. For everyone; thousands of people and their eternal souls. Another day, another thousand deaths.

At home, I was either in front of a television, or the computer screen. I either watched as the media butchered my beliefs in the interest of ratings, or I read the words of hate scattered about the vast cybergraveyard at my fingertips. Casual sex and crime flooded the television that millions of youth found themselves in front of every day. Music videos advertising girls who were advertising their bodies, and men doing drugs and killing each other was what millions more found themselves relating to every night, 5 through 10pm. Web forums of any topic would always find themselves deep within a Christian bashing session at the accidental typing of the word "Jesus". Some of the things I've seen them say; careless, and guiltless behind the mask of anonymity that is the internet. Another day, another million deaths.

How can I tell someone who believes so strongly against me, that Jesus is the only way? After all, if they were to look about the media, or in their schools, they would see exactly how wrong Christianity must be. And what grim alternative is it to go from believing in reincarnation, to believing that their current path will lead them to eternal torture. It would seem that it's easiest to keep our mouths shut. The few of us who know what's right will be rewarded, and the rest can pay the debt for not finding it on their own. Another day, another Christian's death.

You know how we do it? You want to know how we can tell them that everything they believe is wrong? They told us to keep quiet. They told us to be 'respectful'. THEY TOLD US TO SIT BACK, AND WATCH THEM DIE! Those people who believe differently have the option of saying, "even though these Christians don't believe what we do, we're all going to be OK in the end". We do not! Without us, without you, these people; these valuable souls, are condemned to Hell forever! As a Christian, you have no choice, you have no moral choice to make as some would have you believe. It is your duty to save souls. We don't do this as a recruitment mission. We don't do this to keep our numbers large enough. We don't do it to keep the Church revenue coming. We do this because anyone with an ounce of heart in them can't watch as someone falls into the underworld, and suffers worse then we can imagine for...for...forever. We do this, not for us; not for our own hearts. We do this for them. We do this out of love. Any pain they may feel on the journey is a necessity in their eternal bliss. Another day, another life.

They said we were wrong.

I will not stand for these lies! I will not let them tell me to be quiet, to be respectful, to sit down and shut up. There's no amount of 'respect' in the world that could justify allowing someone to die and burn. I want to see all of them in heaven with me! Another day of eternal life...

So, how do I answer the question? How can you tell such an unbeliever about Jesus Christ? I tell you I can, only out of love. I love them like my Savior loves me. I can't earn it, I don't deserve it, but I have it. God loves me, and will always love me. He loves them too. There's nothing they could do to change that. I will keep fighting for them, because their souls are just as precious to me as the souls of my Christian friends and family. I love this world. And though I can't say I love what it, and it's media have done to what I believe, I promise I won't ever sit down, quiet down, and be....'respectful'.

Another day, another smile.


~Dave~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home