Monday, December 05, 2005

Catching up! -- and Announcements! Please Read

Wow, it's been waaay too long since I've posted anything here! As such, today I'm going to issue a rapid-fire series of posts, beginning with this one:

You may have noticed that I haven't been publishing a weekly discussion for a while. The reason for this is that at the Tuesday Night Gym Night talks have come straight out of Lee Strobel's wonderful book, "The Case for a Creator" which, by interviewing various and recognised scientists, provides many and compelling evidences from modern science that demonstrate that the world is the product of Intelligent Design, and that God created us! Since it would be rather plagiarising to reprint the book here, I have not done so. I would encourage anyone who is interested in this discussion to come out to St. Vincent's School on Tuesday nights from 7-9. The whole night is playing various games or sports like dodgeball, soccer, basketball, etc. In the middle of the night, I give a brief talk, as I just explained above. In all, the night is both a lot of fun and, hopefully, spiritually edifying at the same time!

Just a reminder about our monthly movie nights. This month it is on December 16th, from 7-10. We'll be watching "Christmas on Division Street." Come on out to the Parish Centre!

Third, we're really getting under way with our Christmas Pageant! I'm excited about it!
It's called The Fool for Christ, and tells the story of St. Francis of Assisi, who, historically, put together the first live Christmas pageant. We're interspersing scenes from the Christmas story into the St. Francis plot!

We'll be performing it Sunday, December 18, at 5:00. Please come, invite friends and family, and enjoy the show!

To all the actors in the play, who are from the ages 12 and up, after Christmas, the drama team is not dead! I want to really build this into something permanent!

Finally, I published in the Bulletin a few weeks ago a contest. No one reads the Bulletin apparently, because I haven't heard one peep about it!

The Contest: The Youth Group at St. Andrew's needs a cool, catchy name that really describes who we are and who we want to be! Along with that, we need a logo! You've got 'til December the 16th (movie night) to get ideas in! There will be prizes for the winners!

So email me or see me in person with submissions!

For the more theologically-minded of you, and those who enjoy reading a lot, I just wanted to mention the large debate that I'm having with a Protestant youth minister who happened along here one day. It's taking place on his blog as well as my other blog, Three Nails. It's titled (on my blog) "Was (or is) the Reformation Necessary? An examination of Protestantism’s doctrinal Pillars: Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide". I would encourage you to check it out, especially if you dialogue or interact with Protestants to any great extent--especially if they, like my opponent, claim that we as Catholics are not Christians, but "enemies of the Cross of Christ" and "proclaimers of a false gospel". (We are neither of those things, btw, but the first and original Christian Church, founded by Jesus Christ Himself!)

One last thing. Recently a rather pesky and antagonistic (not to mention rude and vulgar) fellow had been posting here and I activated the moderation program to eliminate his slur-ridden posts. He seems to have abated and left. In light of that, I have deactivated the moderation, and all posts will again appear as soon as you post them! However, if he returns and stirs up more trouble, I will reactivate the program. So if it is reactivated, you'll know why.

God bless
Gregory

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know the beatitudes well...very well. and normally greg, even though we are best friends, we usually differ on some point or another. however, here, i must say in all sincerity - this post was very encouraging. lifted me up. some dude stole my PIN and cleaned out my bank account, and my new camera melted in the charger, and some bacteria almost cost me my hand. in lght of all that, i know whose hands i am in...and He is faithful.

t.j.

10:16 p.m., January 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home